Location: Nottingham and various locations
Founded in 1967, Trent & Peak Archaeology is the oldest established archaeological unit in the East Midlands, and since 2011 we have been part of York Archaeological Trust. YAT provides a unique and exciting employment opportunity, combining world famous heritage attractions such as Jorvik, with excavation, survey, consultancy, expert conservation services, research and an unmatched commitment to dissemination and public engagement.
Trent & Peak Archaeology has traditionally had a strong regional focus, with a particular emphasis on floodplain archaeology, geo-archaeology and the aggregates sector. In recent years, our commercial operations have greatly expanded into other sectors, including housing and infrastructure schemes. An important area of work now includes specialist work in advance of flood-schemes beyond the East Midlands.
We require a Project Officer, to implement agreed programmes of fieldwork within strict time and budgetary constraints. Reporting to a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the leadership of small to large field teams and the coordination of post excavation/reporting tasks, commensurate with your experience.
Applicants should have a thorough understanding of UK commercial archaeology, and substantial relevant experience including report writing.
A permanent contract will be available for the successful candidate subject to completion of a probationary period.
What we offer:
- Company pension scheme, where both the Employee and Employer contribute.
- Annual leave entitlement on joining is 28 days, rising to 33 days after 5 years service.
- Annual Holiday purchase scheme, purchase up to 2 weeks additional holiday.
- Driver’s allowance (£500 p.a.) for those staff that are regularly required to drive field staff to site.
- Free Eye tests for VDU users.
- The Trust will contribute 50% of the cost of one subscription to an approved professional body (e.g.
- Free access to our 5 York Attractions including the JORVIK Viking Centre for our employees, their
families and friends, and 25% discount on retail goods and souvenirs.
- Discounts to Trust Events, at applicable events.
- PPE suitable to your role.
- Training opportunities appropriate to the role, including a Key Contact scheme.
- Transport to all sites will be provided for Project Archaeologists.
- Travel, subsistence and free accommodation provided for staff working away.
- Payment of CSCS test fee.
Further details on the Trust’s Recruitment, Rewards and Benefits can be found at -
A full job description and person specification are available at – https://www.tparchaeology.co.uk/about-us
Application: Please send a CV and Covering Letter to Gareth Davies (garethdavies [at] yorkat.co.uk)
For an informal discussion please contact Gareth Davies (on 0115 8967402 or mobile 07506 920395)