As a Student or Affiliate member you are not professionally accredited. We do not assess your technical competence and you are not expected to adhere to the Code of conduct (PDF) - but we do expect you to support it and work towards it. You do not need to supply references. CIfA's official language is English.
If you are a student enrolled on an appropriate course, select the Student option. If you are not a student but don't yet meet the criteria for accredited membership, select the Affiliate option.
You can continue as a Student member for up to one year after your graduation date regardless of your employment status. We will then automatically transfer you to Affiliate member or you can consider upgrading to be an accredited member.
You can also re-join CIfA at a non-accredited grade below. If you were previously a Student member and are no longer studying you will need to join at Affiliate grade.
Student or Affiliate member benefits
By joining at one of our non-accredited grades you can:
- access all of our publications to help with your research and career development;
- subscribe to the Historic Environment Journal at a reduced cost;
- attend conference at special rates;
- receive the weekly Jobs Information Services and Training and monthly ebulletin free of charge;
- get discounts on products and services, including Cotswold Outdoor.
For full details of our benefits please see the membership benefits page.
To apply from Germany please see the Deutschland Group page.