The first CPeasyD event of the 2020 series is happening soon at 6pm on Tuesday 17 March at the Angelic, Islington.
The talk is led by Don Miller MCIfA on the topic of "Body of evidence: what do skeletons tell us?" and will as usual be followed by networking.
Event page coming soon.
We represent the interests of London’s historic environment, and those who study and care for it.
We have a deep understanding of London’s historic environment, and the nature of heritage in this area.
The role of the CIfA London Group is
- to make CIfA’s services relevant to London-based members
- to act as a focus for CIfA members interested in, or working in, London
- to promote London archaeology positively within the structure of our profession
- to ensure that the needs of London’s archaeology are fully integrated into CIfA activities
- to advise Council and staff in the provision of direct support for London archaeologists’ needs
- to work with other London-based groups and publications for the greater benefit of all stakeholders
- events – seminars, meetings and workshops on a variety of relevant topics, at a variety of venues
- training – short courses focusing on the complexities of urban archaeology
Join the Group
Duncan Hawkins (Chair)
Dave Bolton (Secretary)
Catherine Cavanagh (Treasurer)
For all upcoming events, please visit our event calendar.
EARN CPD POINTS
C ‘Peasy’ D SERIES – London Archaeologists 2017/2018
What is the ‘C Peasy D’ Series?: Enjoy half an hour of informative and educational presentations with half an hour to discuss the topic and put your questions to industry leading experts.
• Learn about topics that directly influence archaeology in London but that fall outside of the usual training regimes for most units. Get informed about how and why things are done the way they are.
• Get an official CIfA certificate for 1 hour of CPD.
• Meet fellow archaeologists working in other London units. A chance to meet up and chat in a convivial place.
• Expand your horizons – for anyone working in London archaeology, CIfA members and non-members.
Topics are designed to be of particular interest to archaeologists in the PCIfA and ACIfA grades looking to gain some wider knowledge about commercial archaeology in London. People of all levels are urged to attend and contribute to the discussion.
(The London Group is still actively seeking an 'accessible' venue. If anyone has any suggestions, please email groups [at] archaeologists.net - subject Accessible London venues)
11 October 2018, Site Formation Processes: A Refresher. A CIfA London Group CPD event.
19 September 2018, Aspirations for London Archaeology. A CIfA London Group CPD event; followed by the group AGM
10 April 2018, Slipping through the cracks? Joined up thinking to protect non designated heritage assets, A joint seminar by IHBC and CIfA London branches
- AGM Minutes (draft) 19 September 2019
- AGM Minutes 18 September 2018
- AGM Minutes 17 September 2017
- AGM Minutes 14 Sept 2016
- Committee Minutes 5 September 2018
- Committee Minutes 18 July 2018
- Committee Minutes 16 May 2018
- Committee Minutes 26 March 2018
- Committee Minutes 19 February 2018
- Committee Minutes 10 January 2018