We represent the interests of London’s historic environment, and those who study and care for it. We have a deep understanding of London’s historic environment, and the nature of heritage in this area.
The role of the CIfA London Group is
- to make CIfA’s services relevant to London-based members
- to act as a focus for CIfA members interested in, or working in, London
- to promote London archaeology positively within the structure of our profession
- to ensure that the needs of London’s archaeology are fully integrated into CIfA activities
- to advise Council and staff in the provision of direct support for London archaeologists’ needs
- to work with other London-based groups and publications for the greater benefit of all stakeholders
Join the Group
Membership is free to CIfA members through the Members area login. Those who are not members of the institute will need to pay an annual £10 fee and can join here
Christina Reade (Chair)
Alice Marconi (Secretary)
Alistair Douglas (Treasurer)
David Bowsher (Advisor)
Laura Hampden (Advisor)
Rob Whytehead (Advisor)
Amanda Wintcher (Advisor)
For all upcoming events, please visit our event calendar.
EARN CPD POINTS
C ‘Peasy’ D SERIES – London Archaeologists
What is the ‘C Peasy D’ Series?: Enjoy half an hour of informative and educational presentations with half an hour to discuss the topic and put your questions to industry leading experts.
• Learn about topics that directly influence archaeology in London but that fall outside of the usual training regimes for most units. Get informed about how and why things are done the way they are.
• Get an official CIfA certificate for 1 hour of CPD.
• Meet fellow archaeologists working in other London units. A chance to meet up and chat in a convivial place.
• Expand your horizons – for anyone working in London archaeology, CIfA members and non-members.
Topics are designed to be of particular interest to archaeologists in the PCIfA and ACIfA grades looking to gain some wider knowledge about commercial archaeology in London. People of all levels are urged to attend and contribute to the discussion.
(The London Group is still actively seeking an 'accessible' venue. If anyone has any suggestions, please email groups [at] archaeologists.net - subject Accessible London venues)
- Committee Minutes 10 December 2020
- Committee Minutes 15 October 2020
- Committee Minutes 28 January 2020
- Committee Minutes 15 January 2020