The Careers kit provides a set of resources to help plan and build a career in archaeology. At the moment these resources relate primarily to working in archaeology in the UK, but we will add information on working in other countries soon.
The Careers kit explains what working in archaeology is like, provides information on jobs, training and continuing professional development (CPD).
Who is the Careers kit for?
- anyone who wants to take the first steps into a career in archaeology
- archaeologists wanting to progress their career
- those wanting to change careers
- those returning to archaeological work after a break
- careers advisers, to use in schools, colleges and with those seeking employment
- teachers wanting to support young people to make informed choices
- employers and training providers, to inform them about current training and qualifications for the historic environment sector