We welcome applications from people who are involved in the study and care of the historic environment, employed or voluntary, regardless of academic background or location.
Learn more about accreditation
- Benefits of membership and professional accreditation
- Read some of our accredited members experiences here
How to apply - new and upgrading applicants
Applicants from Germany, please see our information about how to apply.
Useful guidance for applying
- Competence matrices and specialist matrices
- Pathways - guidance for Practitioner (PCIfA) applicants
- Application deadlines - when will I hear?
- Applications accessibility
- Frequently asked questions
How to apply - re-joiners and NVQ fast track applicants
- Membership regulations (PDF file)
- Code of conduct and standards and guidance
- Annual current subscription fees
Please note CIfA's official language is English.