We welcome applications from people who are involved in the study and care of the historic environment, employed or voluntary, regardless of academic background or location.
Learn more about professional accreditation
- Professional archaeologists - what do we mean (PDF)
- Benefits of membership and professional accreditation (Weblink)
- Read some of our accredited members experiences here (Weblink)
How to apply - new and upgrades
- Read the Application Guide first (PDF)
- Specialist competence matrices and Pathways guidance (Weblink)
- Apply online here
- Application deadlines - when will I hear? (Weblink)
- Applications accessibility (Weblink)
- Frequently Asked Questions - applications, fees and who can join (Weblink)
Applicants from Germany, please see our information about how to apply.
How to apply - re-joiners, NVQ fast track
Please note CIfA's official language is English.