Project Officer, Site Supervisor , Field Archaeologist
Initial 6-month contract with potential to extend/ 37 per week
£22,000 - £27,500
Midlands and East of England
Archaeological Project Services is looking for archaeologists with experience of fieldwork within the UK commercial environment to join our busy and friendly team. Positions are available for an immediate start to work on a range of sites across the Midlands and East of England.
Archaeological Project Services are looking to fill the following positions:
- Project Officer (initial 6-month contract with potential to extend)
Salary: £26,000-£27,500 p.a.* (depending on experience)
- Site Supervisor (initial 6-month contract with potential to extend)
Salary: £24,250 to £25,500.* (depending on experience)
- Field Archaeologist (initial 6-month contract with potential to extend)
Salary: £22,000 to £23,500.* (depending on experience)
*Based on a 37 week.
Applications are invited from a wide range candidates. The level of desired experience will depend on the position applied for, but, should include relevant experience in the field and, where appropriate, experience of site supervision and post-excavation analysis, including report writing. Familiarity with the production of desk-based assessments and compiling Heritage Statements along with other documentary-based studies requested as part of the planning process would be an advantage to those applicants applying for the Project Officer Position.
Candidates applying for the Project Officer and Site Supervisor will have the ability to work independently and to deadlines and take responsibility for project work. A full clean UK driving licence is essential for these roles.
For all the above posts
- A current CSCS card is desirable
- A First Aid certificate would be advantageous
- Membership of the CIfA is preferred
- The flexibility to work away from base is essential
- A degree in archaeology or a related discipline is desirable
Part of the charity Heritage Lincolnshire, we undertake a wide and diverse range of projects across the whole heritage sector, delivered by a multi-skilled professional staff. Employment benefits for all staff include:
- Competitive salaries (above CIfA minima) for a 37-hour week
- From 28 days annual leave (including statutory holidays)
- Opportunities for training and career progression
- CIfA subscriptions
- Free accommodation and generous subsistence payments for projects away from base
- Free transport from the office to site and paid travel time to site
- Driver allowance and driver overtime payment
- Full PPE including wet weather gear
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
APS welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity. It is essential all applicants provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
To apply for any of these positions, please send a full CV with names of two referees and a covering letter by email to email@example.com, with ‘Application for ’ and the relevant job title as the subject line.