Permanent Full Time
£30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits (Depending on experience)
Nationwide - Regions / Central London
An opportunity exists for an experienced Associate Archaeologist within the Heritage and Townscape Team based at Savills. The successful candidate will be part of a team of consultants working closely with Planning, Heritage, and Townscape specialists across the UK. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across the country for both the public and private sectors. The majority of your time will be spent on ongoing archaeological consultancy and built heritage projects. Should you also have experience in the latter it is welcomed but not essential. The team of ten is largely based in Central London, but also function from a series of regional offices, so there is flexibility regarding location of the applicant.
- Detailed understanding of managing archaeological projects and consultancy.
- Preparation fee proposals and financial management of projects.
- Preparation of technical reports including: Heritage Statements (built heritage and archaeology), Archaeological Desk-based Assessments, Cultural heritage inputs into all stages of Environmental Impact Assessments, High Level Constraints Reports, Written Schemes of Investigation for archaeological fieldwork.
- Negotiating with local authorities, County Archaeologists, Historic England, Conservation Officers and other stakeholders.
- Procuring and managing archaeological fieldwork sub-contractors.
- Providing robust archaeological consultancy advice to colleagues and clients across all business sectors.
- Reporting to clients and senior colleagues and keeping in regular contact as the archaeological project lead.
- Identify and exploit commercial opportunities, supporting the growth of the team and developing client relationships.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Relevant Degree qualification and thorough knowledge of current UK legislation, policy and guidance for heritage.
- At least 5 years’ contractor and/or consultancy experience, and a sound knowledge of British archaeology.
- Technically competent in discipline with proven track record.
- Previous fieldwork experience.
- IT skills and competency in GIS systems (QGIS).
- Member or Associate of a relevant professional organization (CIfA, IHBC or equivalent) preferred but not essential.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
For further information and to apply for this position please visit our recruitment website: https://careers.savills.com/jobs/2205053-archaeologistthat.