The Archaeology Training Forum (ATF) represents organisations with an interest in training and career development in archaeology. CIfA is a member organisation.
- reviews training provision by member bodies
- distributes funding for training according to need and within a framework of priorities
- aligns training sessions into a series of accessible programmes
- validates training sessions and integrates them in a widely accepted professional career structure
- promotes training in the profession to ensure future needs are met
- works with academic and professional partners
ATF Training award
The ATF Training Award recognises and promotes best practice in training or professional development in archaeology. It is open to archaeological organisations, individuals, partnerships and collaborative projects throughout the UK, whether paid or voluntary.
Nominations for the 2020 award will be open later in the year and the nomination form can be found on the ATF website at http://archaeologytraining.org.uk/atf-award/ where you will also find more information on the work of the Forum.
2014 ATF training award (http://archaeologytraining.org.uk/atf-award/)