Forensic Archaeology Special Interest Group's (FASIG) first annual poster conference took place on Monday 8 March to Tuesday 9 March 2021 on the group's Discord server. Thank you to everyone who presented and attended. Below is a list of the posters which where presented at the conference in PDF format. Members will need to login to open and view the posters.
Please be aware that there are images of human remains presented in some of the posters below.
- Arabaolaza, I. Edinburgh Trams to Newhaven: Excavation of South Leith's medieval graveyard
- Ashcroft, E., Cameron, A., Duffy, P.J.R., Mann, B., Stones, J., Oxenham, M., and Crozier, R, A Forensic Bioarchaeological Framework
- Ba̧k, J, and Zdeb, K, Mummies as evidence of a crime: transformed human remains in the light of forensic science
- Campanacho, V, BioanthroStudies & BioantTalks: a YouTube resource for forensic archaeology students
- Campanacho, V, and Garcia, S, Perimortem trauma on a 53 years old female individual: caused by hanging or autopsy?
- Church, E, A proposed photogrammetric approach to forensic sex estimation
- Del Bove, A., Profico, A, and Lorenzo, C, Automatic protocol to detect sexual dimorphic traits in human cranium
- Everett, R, Beyond Bones: forensic ecology and major crime
- Figura, K.,Wong, E., Huculak, M, and Cardoso, H, Documenting Graves in 3D: A Practical Comparison of terrestrial laser scanning and structured light scanning
- Fisher, E, Influence of leaves and woodland debris on rate and pattern of cadaver decomposition
- Jamieson, V, and Ainscough, L, Ethics and forensic archaeological remains
- Kumari, S.E., Premathilake, T.R., Perera, N, and Wedage, O, Implications of pollen records from the sediment samples associated with prehistoric human skeleton from the FaHien Cave
- Marginedas, F., Saladié, P., Rodríguez-Hidalgo, A, and Moreno-Ibáñez, M.A, Once there were cannibals: distribution of butchery marks on human long limb bones from El Mirador cave
- Moreno-Ibáñez, M.A., Saladié, P., Marginedas, F, and Morales, J.I, Identification of fleshed pre-burning condition of the human remains from Cova Foradada through taphonomic analysis
- Olovčić, A., Šoštarić, S., Tomašević, B., Talić, B, and Terzić, S, Spatial analysis of a densely concentrated and highly commingled surface deposited skeletal assemblage
- Palomeque-Gonzalez, J.F, Machine learning for sex determination of human skeletal remains from bones measurements
- Perrone, V., Randolph-Quinney,P, and Procopio, N, Tooth cementum annulation: a new approach
- Rocke, B., Ruffell, A, and Donnelly, L, Detecting a simulated neonate burial using modern drone technology
- Van der Burgt, P, Forensic archaeology workshops and trace evidence: an opportunity