Archaeologists and other historic environment professionals choose CIfA Approved Training & CPD because it meets a set of criteria that ensures it is a high-quality learning opportunity. CIfA Approved Training & CPD is our training and CPD quality mark.
A wide range of free and paid for, face-to-face and online CPD courses, or similar learning opportunities, can be approved.
Once approved, you can use the CIfA Approved Training & CPD logo on relevant marketing material and your learning opportunity will be listed in the Jobs Information and Training bulletin (JIST).
The approval process
- Contact anna.welch [at] archaeologists.net for an informal discussion
- Submit written evidence to support your application to become CIfA Approved Training & CPD
- Await assessment against a set of criteria
- Receive approval of your learning opportunity or feedback to resubmit your application
Once approved a CPD learning opportunity can be run as many times as you like as long as there are no major changes, although any CIfA Approved Training & CPD learning opportunity may be randomly selected for reassessment at any time.
Assessment criteria for CPD courses and similar learning opportunities
For a training or CPD course, event or learning opportunity to become CIfA Approved Training & CPD the following criteria must be met.
- Appropriate and achievable learning outcomes
- Learning outcomes set out in terms of National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- Certification fro the purposes of CPD, with reference to the CIfA CPD requirement
- Learning outcomes are monitored
- Appropriate competence in trainers
- Appropriate delegate numbers and/or tutor-delegate ratios
- Attention to the specific learning needs of delegates and the ability to adapt if necessary
- Provision for on-going evaluation of the course and a process for modification in the light of delegate feedback
Fees for external providers
£150 for a single course and £100 for each additional course
Fees for CIfA Registered Organisations
£100 for a single course and £75 for each additional course
Find out more about the assessment process and criteria (Pdf)