The Institute is a democratic membership organisation which is run by an elected Board of Directors and supported by an Advisory Council made up of CIfA members. Some processes of the Board are delegated to various committees which are also made up of CIfA members who volunteer their time - see below. The dates of committee meetings (along with other CIfA activities) can be found on the events calendar.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) committee
To support the Board of Directors in delivering its strategy for equality, diversity and inclusion, and to deliver at least one event per year relevant to the EDI strategy and/or policy, potentially in collaboration with other organisations.
This is a new committee and will be appointed by the Board at is meeting in November 2021. The committee is limited to six individuals.
If you are interested in joining this committee please read and complete the role and responsibilities and nomination statement below. Other useful documents are also listed.
If you have any questions, would like to know more or need any further assistance in accessing or completing the documents please email alex.llewellyn [at] archaeologists.net
- EDI committee role and responsibilities and nomination statement
- Regulations for the EDI committee
- CIfA values and strategy (including our 2021-30 strategic plan)
- CIfA equality and diversity webpages
Helen Parslow (Chair)
Assess all applications for accreditation and advises the Board of Directors concerning the development of the Validation process for membership of the institute and generally on validation processes and procedures.
If you are interested in joining this committee and would like to observe a meeting please email lianne.birney [at] archaeologists.net.
Registration Committee (Organisations)
Mike Heyworth (Chair)
Processes applications for registration and advises the Board of Directors on the development of the Registered Organisations scheme.
If you are interested in joining this committee or going on an inspection please email kerry.wiggins [at] archaeologists.net.
- The role of the Registration Committee (Organisations)
- The role of the Registration Committee (Organisations) - video presentation
- Apply to join the Registration Committee (Organisations)
- Registration Committee (Organisations) duties, person specification and declaration form
- Details of how to participate as an inspection panel member