Comments on social media, such as during the Heritage Chat on Twitter, have highlighted how much people are missing the everyday networking opportunities which have been halted due to lockdown procedures. We know nothing can really beat the cross-organisational networking that happens over biscuits during tea breaks, but we are trying to fill that gap.
We will be trialling a new kind of event for us: Afternoon chat, a digital tea break, from 15:00 until 15:45. Expand your social network from the comfort of your own own home or wherever you are currently located and perhaps chat with some people on Zoom other than your daily contacts! We will set up a series of break-out rooms for people to join and go from there.
CIfA staff will also be joining in on the conversations, so feel free to say hi! This will be completely free with up to 100 spaces available.
Topics on tap this week are
- Innovation and inspiration: 163 days of archaeology (Archaeology in COVID times)
- Jobsearch (redundancy, early careers, career shift)
- Getting involved with CIfA groups
We hope to keep the rules fairly minimal, but will add to ensure people have a safe and fun time:
- Be kind: this is a place for socialisation, not isolation
- Share the air: let others speak, try to avoid dominating the conversation
- If something isn’t working tell staff
Sadly we are unable to cater for any individual biscuit preferences so please bring your own.
This meeting will take place on Zoom; the link for the meeting will be sent out the hour before the meeting starts.