1 Lancaster Circus, Queensway, Birmingham City Centre
Birmingham City Council’s Planning and Regeneration Department requires an experienced and competent Historic Environment professional with motivation, initiative and the broad skills base for the provision of specialist advice in the implementation of the City Council’s approved policies, programmes and plans for the regeneration and enhancement of the City in support of the planning and development process.
You will work with a supportive team and we will play to your strengths against a backdrop of interesting and varied casework that will include contributing to strategies, briefs, policies, development frameworks, masterplans, advising on planning applications, guiding new developments and realising regeneration projects that have historic environment, community, economic and environmental benefits.
To rise to this exciting challenge you will need to have a degree in a relevant subject and demonstrate considerable experience with a proven track record of giving effective historic environment advice within the planning process.
In addition the candidate will possess the following key attributes
- Substantial experience of historic conservation in the planning field.
- Experience of urban design and architectural issues relating to the promotion of good design within the historic environment.
- A proven track record of providing a lead role on complex planning, regeneration and conservation issues.
- An understanding of archaeology relating to the historic environment within the planning process would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of national and local historic environment policy and legislation.
Closing date: 30 November 2014.
For further details and an application form visit www.birmingham.gov.uk/jobs
Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.