For information on joining IfA, please see Individual membership.
- invaluable free weekly Jobs Information Service bulletin
- free publications:
- our topical magazine, The Archaeologist (four times a year)
- Yearbook and directory of corporate members, an incomparable reference book and contact list of archaeologists
- papers on specialist professional topics
- standards and guidance leaflets
- Discounted rate for the peer reviewed journal Historic Environment, Policy and Practice
- Heritage Update - free fortnightly e-newsletter
- discounted entry to our Annual Conference, the premier archaeological conference in the UK, and other events
- opportunities to participate on Council and committees
- free membership of regional and special interest groups
- discounts on insurance, legal advice and health care
- an arbitration service
- discounts with some publishers
- use of the Society of Antiquarians of London library
- a membership card and certificate
- discount at Cotswold Outdoor
- corporate members have the right to use postnominals (PIfA, AIfA, MIfA), to vote at meetings and the AGM, to stand for Council and be involved with all of our committees
- corporate members are included in our Annual Yearbook, which is circulated to all members, Registered Organisations and a long list of sector contacts and developers
- membership is increasingly used by employers in recruitment and grading of staff and in determining rates of pay
Members also qualify for a reduced rate 20 word profile in the Yearbook and directory, which introduces them to an audience of 5000 other members and specifiers of archaeological work.
You can claim tax relief on your subscription if you are a UK tax payer as well. For more information please read this document, but please note that the tax office have us listed under ‘F’ for ‘Field’ rather than ‘I’ for ‘Institute’!
Aerial Close-up Ltd Aerial - Photography from the Ground - Specialists in low-level aerial photography for archaeologists, operating a remote control camera attached to a 20-metre telescopic mast mounted on a 4x4 on/off road vehicle. This firm offers a 10% discount to IfA members who quote their IFA membership number.
Above It All Photography Ltd - Specialists in oblique (aircraft based) aerial photography and elevated (ground based) mast photography. The masts are deployed from a vehicle or free standing via a tripod system which makes our kind of overhead photography particularly suited to archaeological digs. IfA members quoting their membership number will receive a 15% discount.