This is a unique opportunity for an Archaeology Assistant to support and assist our Archaeologist for the Stonehenge & Avebury World Heritage Site.
You will be working to assist the Archaeologist (Stonehenge & Avebury World Heritage Site) in providing the high standards of archaeological care and presentation expected for our landscapes, historic places and buildings within the Stonehenge & Avebury WHS. You will support the Archaeologist in providing the appropriate technical and consultancy skills to enable the Wiltshire Landscape portfolio to achieve business objectives, and to support the work of the Trust in caring for, researching and sharing our knowledge of this internationally important complex of sites.
To excel in this role you will need;
- Education in Archaeology to degree level or further
- Ability to enthuse and inspire non-specialists in archaeology
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of British prehistoric archaeology (including identification of Neolithic and Bronze Age artefacts)
- Knowledge of the archaeology of the Stonehenge & Avebury WHS.
It would also be beneficial if you can show the following on your CV;
- Experience of managing and sharing information, including the production of archaeological briefs and reports
- Experience of using Exegesis HBSMR software
For further information and to apply please click here