The Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) is looking for an administrative assistant to support the staff through carrying out various administrative duties. The role will be home based with some office working, currently based at the University of Reading.
CIfA is the leading professional institute representing archaeologists in the UK and overseas. We have just under 4000 individual members and 80 organisations on our register.
Chartered Institute for Archaeologists
Location: CIfA Office, Reading / Working from home
Permanent contract | 37 hours per week | Administration | £18,279 progressing to £19,616 pro rata plus 6% pension contribution
- GCSEs or equivalent
- IT proficient: especially in word and excel and experience of using databases (ideally CRM)
- good communication skills
- good standard of written English
- good organising ability, timekeeping, attention to detail, energy, initiative and resourcefulness
- ability to work as part of a team
- a tactful and diplomatic working manner
- experience of working in an office with public/customer contact
- experience of using websites and social media in a work environment
- personal commitment to CPD and developing your skills
Download the full job description and person specification.
To apply, please send us a covering letter explaining your experience and how you meet the job description and person specification, along with a copy of your CV by email to email@example.com
Applications must be received by Friday 7 January 2022. Interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing 24 January 2022. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged.
CIfA welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK will be required prior to commencement of employment.