Senior Archaeological Consultant
€41,500 to €48,866.64 dependent on experience
Dublin centric, home/hybrid working can be facilitated
Rubicon Heritage Services Ltd is currently recruiting for a Senior Archaeological Consultant with demonstrable experience in heritage consultancy. The role will entail working with our Senior Managers, Project Managers and clients to contribute to a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects across Ireland. As Senior Consultant you will provide expert Cultural Heritage advice to clients and deliver technical reporting from pre-planning assessments, impact assessment and desk-based assessment through to EIAR chapters and the development of sensible mitigation strategies. Projects will vary in size and sector and include housing, commercial, renewables as well as large scale infrastructure projects and frameworks. The full spectrum of design, commission and management programming of archaeological works will be within the remit of the role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Tender/fee preparation for proposals, setting budgets, and monitoring project progress and finances.
- Compilation of Impact Assessments
- Effective liaison with internal department heads.
- Liaison with external statutory and non-statutory bodies
- Taking the leading heritage role in dealing with project design teams and clients
- Management of all DBA, AIA and EIAR work from inception to production of a final report
- Preparation of archaeological assessments as per planning application process
- Compilation of constraints studies and route selection assessments
- Formulation of mitigation strategies
- Provision of expert witness services as part of Oral Hearings concerning archaeological and cultural heritage.
- Field Inspections
- Effective communication with clients
- Site visits and travel to meetings if/when necessary
A minimum BA/BSc degree is essential for this position with any additional qualification relating to Planning, Environmental Impact Assessment or Built Heritage being highly desirable. An in-depth knowledge of the Heritage Planning sector is crucial along with excellent report writing ability and communication skills. Knowledge or experience in the use of GIS software such as ArcGIS or QGIS will be an advantage. Ambitious, driven, motivated candidates with a desire to succeed should apply only. Full driving licence required.
The standard hours will be 37.5 hours per week, based on a 7.5 hour working day, Monday to Friday. Though the position is Dublin centric, home/hybrid working can be facilitated.
Apply to: email@example.com