Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday
£40-50k depending on experience
Durham Office (some travel will be required on occasion)
Pre-Construct Archaeology Limited (PCA) has been delivering high quality and client focused professional heritage services for more than 25 years and is one of the UK’s largest archaeological companies, with seven regional offices across the country.
The Company is delighted to announce that we are seeking an experienced Regional Manager to run our Durham Office. This position has become available due to resignation for personal reasons.
The PCA Durham Office, established over 20 years ago, undertakes a wide range of archaeological projects across the whole of the north of England but may not be restricted to operations in this region only. The Durham Office has a strong track record in producing publications, including a series of significant monographs and journal articles, and has long-standing relationships with the wider archaeological community across the region, including university departments and local societies and community groups.
The successful candidate will have a track record that includes: managing an archaeological company or regional office; several years’ experience in managing archaeological projects within the commercial archaeological sector; managing a team of archaeological staff; and a demonstrable track record of project delivery. The role will be based in our new and bespoke premises in Chester-le-Street town centre.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Tendering for a variety of project types;
- Preparation of Project Designs/Written Schemes of Investigation;
- Project budgeting;
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations;
- Preparation of Health and Safety documentation relevant to archaeological projects;
- Familiar with current planning regulations as they apply to archaeology;
- Degree in archaeology or an allied subject;
- Full UK driving licence
- Membership of CIfA at MIfA level;
- Current CSCS card.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Archaeological background within the region covered, i.e. northern England
- A recognised Health and Safety qualification (managerial level)
- Knowledge of the Scottish heritage sector
PCA offers a friendly working environment, competitive salary and a range of attractive employee benefits, including:
- Friendly and supportive work environment;
- Generous annual leave (28 days including bank holidays and 2 extra days over the Christmas period) that rises with length of service;
- Flexible working, including home working where/if appropriate;
- Childcare vouchers, Christmas vouchers;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) subscriptions paid in full;
- Company pension scheme;
- Additional benefits which are regularly reviewed and updated;
- Mental Health First Aiders.
PCA is committed to a comprehensive equal opportunities policy in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. All applicants with the relevant qualifications and experience are welcome to apply for this opportunity.
In accordance with our GDPR policy, we will not keep unsuccessful applicants’ details or CVs on our system, unless you expressly request that we do.
A full job specification can be requested by contacting Caroline Edwards: CEdwards@pre-construct.com
Any other queries can be directed to Josephine Brown, Acting Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07921 879 228 or Jenny Proctor, email@example.com 07710 517599.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: CEdwards@pre-construct.com Please be advised that CVs submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
All applications must be received by email by close of business on Friday 6 August.