Principal Archaeology and Heritage Consultant
£40K-£50K basic (dependant on experience) plus £6,480 car allowance, agile / flexi working and great benefits (BUPA, pension, life cover and more)
South East UK
We are currently seeking a Principal level consultant, to join our expanding CIfA registered Archaeology and Heritage team, with a focus on growing our capabilities and reach in the Southeast region of the UK. With the support of the wider team, you'll play a major role in developing our SE regional presence and client base.
With our hybrid, agile and flexible approach you can be based from any UK SLR office, but work remotely / from home, connecting with other disciplines and teams within our South East regional offices, to drive new business, build a team and delivering projects for new and existing clients.
Who are SLR and what can we offer?
SLR are global leaders in environmental and advisory solutions helping our clients achieve their sustainability goals. We are a consultancy with over 1650 staff across 5 regions – including over 430 staff across Europe. SLR’s ‘one team’ culture is at the heart of our business, providing a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development.
Along with competitive salaries, our staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including a company pension and healthcare offering, travel and life insurance, critical illness cover and a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave, SLR offer agile and flexible working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
- Proven capabilities in a comparable role at a comparable organisation, including technical delivery, financial and client management and business development.
- A relevant degree-level (or higher) heritage-based qualification, or a demonstrably equivalent level of experience and/or accreditation
- A thorough knowledge of the UK planning system in respect of heritage, including current and emerging heritage legislation, planning policy and guidance.
- A track record of successful project delivery across diverse market sectors, including energy, renewables, housebuilding, minerals, infrastructure and regeneration.
- Experience designing and managing a range of desk- and field-based investigations.
- Knowledge of the Southeast market with proven working client relationships and a record of business development
- Full driving licence, valid in the UK
Further contact details and/or application form link (if required) e.g. www.archaeologists.net/jis
More info: email@example.com