The Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) is the professional body representing archaeologists and heritage professionals. We have a membership of 3200 individuals, with 73 Registered Organisations.
The CIfA Annual Conference is the premier archaeological conference in the UK, attracting over 400 participants over the course of three days. Combining keynote addresses, wide-ranging sessions, training workshops and exhibitions, the CIfA conference provides an annual forum for discussing current professional issues, showcasing new developments and presenting research in archaeology and the wider heritage sector.
The 2015 conference will be our first as the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists and we are keen to make it the best yet! The conference provides a rare opportunity for stakeholders, clients and providers to gain direct contact with heritage professionals. Packages can be tailored to your needs – just get in touch on the details given below and we can discuss this with you.
The conference attracts around 400 professionals and early career entrants, all looking to develop their knowledge on policy and practice issues, and enhance their skills. The conference theme is Future of your profession and our three-day programme will include a series of lectures, discussion seminars and CPD workshops. Session organisers, training providers and discussants – as well as the delegates themselves – represent a diversity of professionals working across the heritage sector. From local government curators and planning archaeologists, national heritage bodies, consultants and company directors and staff, independent specialists, academics, and industry partners, the CIfA conference attracts a full professional spectrum.
Sponsor, exhibit, advertise
If you are keen to sponsor any aspect of the conference, or would like to exhibit or advertise with us, do not hesitate to get in touch and discuss options with our conference team.
We have a comprehensive booking form (below) and recommend that you book early as there are limited spaces for both exhibitors and advertisers.
To find out more about each individual sponsorship, exhibition or advertising package, please follow the links below. You can also find a link to the session abstracts.
A late fee of £25 will be applied to exhibitors after 27 March 2015 - please book early!
Help us support delegates... In 2015, we are also offering sponsors the opportunity to support a travel bursary for £50 - just tick the box on the form and we will do the rest.
Please contact Manda to discuss options at amanda.forster [at] archaeologists.net.
Sponsorship, Exhibition and Promotion Packages
By taking part, sponsors and exhibitors add value to the experience of delegates. In return you gain direct access to our delegates via logo placement in our conference material and at the venue, via our display areas and networking events, and via advertising within our programme.
For £850 your organisation could sponsor a discussion session or training event, or for £550 a fringe event such as a debate, gallery or conference excursion.
For this you will receive;
- advertising space within the session and billing as session sponsor at the venue
- your logo in the final programme and a link to your website from the conference webpage
- exhibition space within our main hall
- free paragraph about your organisation in the final programme (max 100 words)
- free inclusion of a flyer in the delegates’ pack
- free registration at the conference and social events (not including the conference dinner) for one representative of your organisation
- acknowledgement in The Archaeologist magazine
For £205 you can book a display space in our main hall. Exhibitors will be placed in our main catering hall, at the heart of the event. Displays will be situated around the edge of the room where delegates will be meeting for lunches and coffee breaks.
- a single display space including a 6ft trestle table
- your logo in the conference programme
- free lunch and refreshments for one representative throughout the conference
- free entry for one representative to our wine reception and social evening
- Free wifi and access to electrical socket
- Freestanding display boards can be booked for £25
- Inclusion of flyers in the conference pack for a reduced price of £50
- Avoid the late booking fee, book by 27 March 2015
There are various options for advertising with us both at the conference itself and within associated documentation.
For £105 - £200 you can advertise your services and products to our delegates via a number of routes.
Advertise in our conference programme:
- Full page advert for £200
- Half page advert for £175
- Quarter page for £145
- 1-2 leaflets in the conference pack for £105
- Additional leaflets at £45 per item
Help us support delegates get to conference - we have a travel bursary fund for students and unemployed individuals. We are asking sponsors and exhibitors to donate £50 to the fund to help us help more people.
- 2015 Sponsorship, exhibitor and advertiser information (PDF file)
- 2015 Booking form: sponsor, exhibit, advertise (DOC file)
- Session abstracts (PDF file)