Choosing an accredited undergraduate or Masters degree is a well-established career entry route in many sectors including engineering, planning and architecture, and is widely recognised as the first step on a career pathway leading to professional status. In the UK, professional accreditation is normally provided by the lead professional body within the discipline.
Accreditation of degrees in the UK is offered jointly by the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) and the University Archaeology UK group (UAUK). The accreditation procedure is jointly overseen, managed, and endorsed by CIfA and UAUK.
Degrees accredited by CIfA/UAUK
- University of Bradford BSc Archaeology, BSc Forensic Archaeology & Anthropology
- Bournemouth University BSc (Hons) Archaeology , BA (Hons) Archaeology, BSc (Hons) Archaeological, Anthropological and Forensic Sciences, BA (Hons) Archaeology and Anthropology
- University of Durham BA Archaeology, BSc Archaeology, BA Archaeology and Ancient Civilisations,BA Archaeology and Historical World
- University of Leicester BSc Archaeology
- University of Central Lancashire BSc in Archaeology, MSci in Archaeology, BSc in Archaeology and Anthropology
- University College London BA Archaeology, BA Archaeology and Anthropology, BA Archaeology with a Year Abroad (4 year), BA Archaeology with a Year’s Placement (4 year), BA Archaeology of Egypt and Sudan, BA Classical Archaeology and Classical Civilization, BSc Archaeology
- University of Reading BA Archaeology, BSc Archaeology