This meeting will be the forming AGM for the new IfA Research and Impact Group. We will be electing our first Chair, Secretary and Treasurer, and also our Ordinary Committee members. If you are interested in being on our committee, you will find the nomination form below.
The new group is concerned with the nature of archaeological research and its dissemination, and in the impact that archaeological research has in wider social and economic spheres. The group will contribute to the promotion of archaeology beyond professional spheres, and would encourage collaborative networks between professional, academic and community led archaeologists.
At the forming AGM meeting, we will be outlining what our key aims and objectives will be, and putting together a plan for the next year.
Our aim is to build up a business plan for the group to be put in place immediately. To help define this plan, we will be discussing the following specific questions:
• How can we facilitate greater partnership working between private, charitable and educational organisations in archaeology?
• What kind of networks should we try and develop to help better communication between sectors?
• What kind of training events and workshops should the group provide?
• Do archaeologists understand enough about impact – and what should we be doing to increase that understanding?
• Why is impact important? What could the group do to help practitioners and academics with understanding impact in archaeological projects?
If you have any of the answers to above questions, or if you want to be involved in finding the answers, please come along to the AGM meeting and join us in our discussions.
Find out more at www.archaeologists.net/groups/RIG.