Logo competition for Voluntary and Community SIG
Calling all creative types! The IfA’s Voluntary and Community Special Interest Group (VCSIG) are looking for a logo! We are a fairly new group, and as part of establishing ourselves would very much like to develop a logo that suits our group’s purposes.
Our Group objectives are
- to provide a recognised voice for furthering the interests of voluntary and community archaeology within the IfA
- to promote the adoption and implementation of IfA Standards by voluntary and community archaeologists (and the organisations to which they belong).
- to advise Council and its committees on issues relating to Voluntary and Community archaeology, both within the context of the IfA and within the discipline of archaeology as a whole
- to provide guidance and assistance to ensure that voluntary and community archaeologists (and the organisations to which they belong), have the necessary and recognised competence to carry out archaeological research to the highest possible standards
- to promote discussion between voluntary and community archaeologists and other archaeologists in order to foster a greater understanding and improvement of relations, to further the overall pursuance of archaeological knowledge and research.
If you want to send a possible design for a logo for us (for use on our web page, Twitter and Facebook accounts, Newsletters and other appropriate places) please send as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message title “VCSIG Logo”. We’d like ideally to unveil the new logo at our AGM at the IfA conference in April, so please send any ideas to us bt the 31 March.
Suzie Thomas (Hon Sec, Voluntary and Community Special Interest Group)