New Workplace Learning Bursary Placement Hosts sought for 2011/12
IfA is recruiting for organisations to host their Heritage Lottery funded Workplace Learning Bursary placements for 2011/12. These placements will start in March 2011 and finish in March 2012.
Hosts will be asked to fund 25% of their placement holder’s salary. They will also be obliged to contribute the equivalent of 10% of the total salary in staff time to support the placement. In exceptional circumstances, applications for fully funded placements (100% of salary costs) will be considered.
The deadline for applications to host a placement starting in March 2011 will be Friday 24 September 2010.
Prospective hosts should contact Andrea Bradley at IfA (email@example.com 0118 378 6446) to request an application pack.
In this final round of placements, as in previous years, hosts will be expected to tailor training to meet the sector’s skills needs. Training priorities include
- Conducting and contributing to surveys of historic buildings
- Conducting and contributing to geophysical surveys
- Desk-based research and assessment
- Conservation and research of artefacts and environmental material
- Using information technology to manage the historic environment
- Report writing
- Contributing to intrusive investigations
- Conducting (leading or directing) intrusive investigations
- Providing information and advice on the conservation and management of the historic environment
IfA will consider proposals for training opportunities which provide other skills, but they will need to demonstrate that they meet the needs of the sector.
Applications will be judged against the following criteria
- How well the proposal meets IfA’s identified training priorities
- How innovative the training proposal is
- The level of support and training offered
- Additional benefits offered that will enhance the quality of the placement
- The professional standards of the organisation and of staff involved